Sunday, December 23, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
Vote for President
Time For Kids - Election
Brain Pop Election
Scholastic Election 2012
Congress For Kids
Weekly Voting Poll
If You Were President
Step Inside the Voting Booth
Electing the President
Ben's Guide to Elections
Voting: The Machinery of Democracy
Your Chance To Be President
Ben's Guide to Elections
The Electoral Challenge
On The Road to The White House
Would You Want to Be President?
Video - Electoral College
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Thursday, September 6, 2012
File - allows you to create, open and save new files. You can also set-up, preview and print documents.
View - will allow you to select toolbars and icons for your use. This menu may look different on each word processing program.
Insert - allows you to add various items such as pictures and other files.
Format - gives you the option to change items such as fonts, bullets, paragraphs and tabs.
Help - offers tools to help you with the word processing program.
Please make sure you know the following definitions:
Word Processing - using a computer program to create, edit and print documents. Word processing is the most common computer application.
Icon - represents an object or a program on your computer. Example: The trash can on your desktop is an icon.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
INTERNET SCAVENGER HUNT
1. Find a book about the Internet at www.amazon.com
Book Title: ____________________________________________
2. List one of the top news stories at www.cnn.com
News story: ___________________________________________
3. Find a car you like at www.gm.com or www.autobytel.com
Car type: __________________ Cost: _______________
4. How far is it from Sioux Falls to Branson, Missouri? Use
www.mapquest.com or maps.yahoo.com - driving directions
Print out the page of directions.
- Go to www.mathsisfun.com/games/dayofweek.html to find the day of the week you were born on. Day _______________________________________
- Go www.ebay.com and pick out a product you might like to purchase at an auction site.
Item: _______________ Cost: __________
7. Go to www.SFzoo.org and find the name a new animal at the San Francisco Zoo.
New animal: _____________________________
8. Find a toy at www.toysrus.com you would like to buy. Toy:____________ Cost:___________
9. Click on www.africam.com What is unique animal is photographed?
Describe what you saw: _______________________________________
10. Find the headline news story of the NYTimes at www.nytimes.com
11. Go to www.lowestfare.com and find the cost of a vacation you would like to go on.
Site: ____________________________ Cost: ____________________
12. Find the weather for your home town at www.wunderground.com
Print out a copy of the weather.
13. Translate “How are you?” in French from babelfish.altavista.digital.com
French translation: ___________________________________________
14. Go to www.wal-mart.com and select an item to purchase.
Item: ______________________ Cost: _________________
15. Go to www.russiatoday.com and list a news story from there.
News story: ________________________________________________
16. Go to www.royal.gov.uk and name two topics at the top of the page.
17. Go to www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/ and name the number one movie for the week and what it grossed on the weekend.
Movie: ________________________________________Grossed: ________________________
18. Go to www.tropicalglen.com/Jukebox/1970Top/Channel1970.html and find a song in Seventies Juke Box that you like.
Song Title: _____________________________
19. Go to http://allrecipes.com/ and choose a recipe you like.
Name of recipe: _____________________________________________
20. Go to http://www.tvguide.com/ and list the time American Idol will air next.
21. Go tohttp://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/ and name one of the top most wanted fugitives.
Fugitive Name: _________________________________________